The National Renewable Energy Centre of Spain (CENER) is a technology centre, specialised in applied research and in the development and promotion of renewable energies. It has excellent qualifications and recognised national and international prestige.
CENER has cutting-edge technological infrastructures, with the most modern laboratories and facilities in the world. The Wind Turbine Test Laboratory (the only one of its kind in the world), the Experimental Wind Farm, the 2nd Generation Biofuel Centre and a Microgrid deserve a special mention.
CENER focuses its work around three areas:
- Development of technology through R&D&I projects, promoting the generation, acquisition and dissemination of knowledge for the industrial sector.
- Highly skilled technical assistance and services for component testing and certification.
- Drafting of reports as well as technical and economic feasibility studies.
In the Competitive Solar Power Towers project, CENER is responsible for:
- Development of solar receiver unit
- Development of down-sized heliostat
- Development of smart calibration system for heliostats
- Development of dynamic multi-aiming-point strategy
- CAPTure concept optimization via simulations
CENER is also the project coordinator.